Back On Track

This is my blog to help me get back on track and finally learn to stay there by following a healthy lifestyle.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Now - How do I do this blog stuff again??

If there is anyone out there still checking this blog, I'm really sorry for not updating for so long. I won't go into all the excuses but I do know I've been a slack friend. You all inspire me so much and I know if I notice someone not posting it always worries me that something is wrong.

Thanks to Briony and Margaret for their comments recently which were prods to get me started again. Thanks girls for missing me :-)

I have been maintaining which I am very happy with. I still have to monitor every day but as long as I keep up with the exercise and make up for any overindulgences I am doing OK so far. I fluctuate within a couple of kilo's but whenever I see 66 on the scales I try and havc a couple of extra good days to get it back down again. So, so far so good but I am so conscious that I could get complacent like lot's of other previous attempts. I know that's why the blogging is so important - no one understands what we go through like those of us in the same situation.

We had a great time in New Zealand, although it was very unsettling as always when we got home as we miss all the family so much. Maybe if we could win lotto and I knew we could go over every year it wouldn't be so hard to say goodbye!!!!

On a very exciting note, I did manage to get my Robbie Williams tickets to his Adelaide concert on Friday afternoon. Now that was one stressful few hours!!! It was so hard to get on to the Ticketek site and when I eventually did, it kept kicking me off. When I was eventually able to secure tickets, my hands were shaking so much, I had great difficulty keying everything in. As it took so long to get them, although I still got Gold they are not as close as I was hoping for. I'm toying with the idea of trying again on Wednesday when the the next lot go on sale to see if I can get better ones. Hope DH doesn't read this as I think I will be in deep S*** just for thinking about this.!!!!!!!

On a light note, I have found an unexpected inconvenience to being a size 12! My DH is the ironer in our household - I know I'm very lucky - but he does suffer the general male malaise of not really looking at stuff closely. Our youngest DS3 is 12 so of course lot's of his clothes are size 12 too. I just don't get that DH can't tell the difference between my stuff and DS3's just because they both have labels that say "12" in them!!!! My already overcrowded closet keeps getting boy clothes put away in it - gotta love him. I guess I should be glad he doesn't take too much notice of who's wearing what so I can sneak new things in that I, just have to have!!!

Have a great week.

4 Comments:

At 5:50 pm, Blogger Briony said...

Well done for maintaining. I would kill to be 66 kilos!! hehe
I'm so glad you got Robbie tickets, I bet you can't wait!!
Good to hear from you and i'm glad everything is okay. Why do we always think the worst when people don't blog for a while???
Take care and be good,
Bri

 
At 5:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still here :)

LOL that is funny about the mix up in clothes. My daughter is a size 4 - I don't see us ever having that problem in this house

 
At 9:20 pm, Blogger Sue said...

Great to hear from you again! I'ts lovely to hear you're coping okay with maintaining your wieght.

 
At 8:09 am, Blogger michelle said...

My God my Dh does not even know how to turn the iron on... Congrats on maintaining and with your trip to NZ as well. You are going great. We also tried to get tickets on Friday with no luck. Will be trying agaain today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home