Back On Track

This is my blog to help me get back on track and finally learn to stay there by following a healthy lifestyle.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Please let it be Robbie!!!


In the local Sunday paper yesterday there was a small article about the Adelaide Oval being booked for 9th December for a major concert. As yet the artist has not been announced but I am keeping everything crossed that it is Robbie Williams. I know he has said there will be a tour here later in the year but I didn't dare hope he would actually do an Adelaide gig. When my alarm went off this morning the radio station was speculating about who it could be. They had no idea but then received a number of calls from listeners suggesting that yes it could be Robbie. Oh dear, I don't think I would be the only one at the concert would I!!!! Anyone else heard any rumours in their cities?

It's been a fairly quiet week, everything fine on the food and exercise front so another few hundred grams was lost. Can't complain at that though!!

Katies sent out $20.00 gift vouchers which had to be used up by Sunday so I had to go shopping didn't I. I just love trying on clothes!!! I was very good though. I put the voucher towards a lovely midnight blue pair of cords so I only spent another $20.00. Very clever Katies. Now for the best bit. I saw a really nice skirt in Target, I was just walking past, I just had to see what bargains were on the clearance rail, marked down to $21.00 from $50.00, just had to try it on. Took a size 12 and a size 10 in and the 10 fitted me. Wouldn't have mattered what it was then, I had to have it just to look at the label now and then!!! I know I'm crazy with clothes but boy I love it. I've hung the skirt up with the tag on - when I get over the rush I may even take it back and look for the next bargain.

Have a great week and please keep those fingers crossed it is Robbie!!!

7 Comments:

At 8:25 pm, Blogger Briony said...

OOOhhh, fingers AND toes crossed for you. I'm reading the book that you recommended and i'm only a little way in but right now he seems a bit like a spoilt brat! I'm sure that can't last for the whole book though! Well done on another loss and I can't even begin to imagine how good it would feel to take size 12/10 things into the change room never mind trying them on AND having the size 10 fit!! It must feel amazing. Have a great week.
Bri

 
At 12:18 pm, Blogger michelle said...

I heep it is Robbie. We have already informed our office girl that if any tickets come on sale here she has to jump on the net and get it for a few of us... blow work. Congrats on buying teh sz 10, must have been a great feeling.

 
At 8:35 am, Blogger Suzy said...

Yes, fingers crossed for you and Robbie!

Great shopping trip. Always good to get a bargain.

 
At 9:42 pm, Blogger Ails said...

Hoping it's Robbie for you, or maybe it's the rescheduled U2 gigs??? Nice purchases btw, and how fantastic about fitting into the size 10 skirt! Congrats on the loss as well :)

 
At 9:31 am, Blogger Julie's Journey said...

I know how you feel with clothes. When I actually fit into a smaller size I think it actually makes me want to buy it no matter what just so I can say this is a size whatever. The feeling is pure bliss. Fingers crossed for Robbie for you.
:o)

 
At 10:46 pm, Blogger philippa_moore said...

Fingers crossed for Robbie for you!!

And size 10?! You skinny thing you!!

Hope all is well :)

 
At 10:17 pm, Blogger Margaret said...

Whooo hoooo. I will keep my fingers crossed. What a fantastic concert that would be. And so perfect in Adelaide. Would it be at the Oval? I haven't heard anything yet but will keep my ear to the ground.

And whooo hooo for shopping successes. That is brilliant.

Hope you have a great week :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home