Back On Track

This is my blog to help me get back on track and finally learn to stay there by following a healthy lifestyle.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

This weeks catch up

Hi everyone
I don't know how you regular posters do it. Each day I think about things that I really want to blog about but never actually quite get around to it. In the same way I try and read all your blogs almost every day but am never disciplined enough to actually make a comment there and then meaning I have to reread a few days worth when I actually make the time to write comments. I have decided that the rest of you never sleep and just stay on your PC all night, oh and maybe you don't work and you don't watch TV either. I'm not a huge TV person but with the new shows that have started that has eaten in to what used to my PC nights.
I'm still going with Biggest Loser. After the crazy losses they had in week 1, I was pleased to see that last Fridays were more realistic. I don't know about anyone else but I found Wednesday night the most emotional so far when they were able to call their families. I was a real blubber puss especially with Wal calling his Dad and Wal is not one of my favourites!
Last weekend I went along to the Jacobs Creek golf tournament that Adelaide was hosting with DH and DS3. I am not into golf at all but for some reason they really wanted me to go with them. At first I was bored but after a while I really got into it. It was great exercise following the players around and I never realised there were so many cute golfers out there - LOL We were out all day and then out again at night so I logged up nearly 25000 steps without any actual dedicated exercise.
I think that helped me get over the line this week as I have now got under the morning weight goal I set myself of 65 kilo's. I weighed 64.8 on Friday - yippee. I am still aiming to get to 63 but I don't really care if it takes months or if I don't actually get to that. I think that by saying, I'm not actually finished it may help me not to relax too much and lose focus, cos I sure know what happens when I do that. Although when I've lost weight before I have got lower than this I think that I look healthy at this weight and I really just want to try and tone up some more. I have started to try and do a new exercise I saw on TBL where you lie flat holding on to something heavy to stabilise you and then lift your legs up. I'm sure lots of you know what this is actually called but I had never done it before and boy can I feel it in my tummy, Gotta to do some good - I sure hope.
It's funny because even though technically I'm there I still don't think I am. When I was walking past the health food shop the other day I saw a promotion for some new slimming thing and automatically went to start checking it out before I pulled myself up and thought, I don't need this, I am slim. Weird, weird,weird. In the same vein I got a message on the answering machine the other day from a friend asking me if we wanted to go to a "Food and Wine festival" that was being held today. My first thought was OMG, food and wine, I can't go to that. I'm crazy I know but I am so scared of undoing all my hard work and falling off the wagon again like I have so many times before that I try so hard to avoid temptation. I feel like an alcoholic avoiding the bottle shop!!! We went and had a great afternoon. I ate, I drank both in sensible amounts and I don't think I'm fat again yet!!! :-)

This pic was taken today on my new toy. I have never been interested in a mobile with a camera as most of them seemed such poor quality but last week I discovered a new handset that had a 2 megapixel camera built in. It's not as good quality as my proper camera but at least I can take pictures now when I don't have my camera with me. It's called a Sony Ericsson K750i for those that may be interested. It's actually been around for at least 6 months but I hadn't seen it before. My handset was out of contract so I just had to get a new one!!! I'll leave you with a rose from my garden that I took yesterday. Hope you like it. Have a great week and I hope you all achieve the goals you have set yourselves.


Oh, I forgot this important tidbit. I had my February WW weigh last week and I was .9 below goal. Very happy little camper. Special thanks must go those yummy golfers that I just had to keep following around last Saturday, they really helped!!!


7 Comments:

At 8:51 am, Blogger Suzy said...

Well done on the weight front!

I will check back later for the pics.

Great that you could still enjoy the food and wine festival. That's what it's all about. Still enjoying life and staying fit and healthy at the same time!

 
At 9:32 am, Blogger Briony said...

Truth is I spend a lot of work time blogging, which is bad and I have to stop it, but I also have Bloglines on my computer at home which alerts me when someone updates their blog. That way you don't have to read every blog every day cos you know as soon as there is a new post. It's great. You should look into it.
Bri

 
At 3:33 pm, Blogger michelle said...

Good work Lesley. You are in a good place now and I am glad you are recognising that you are slim!! And enjoy those special times like the food festival. everything in moderation and you have obviously learnt that. I also fin dit difficult to find time for blogging but the support I get is well worth it.

 
At 9:28 pm, Blogger Margaret said...

That exercise is called a reverse crunch and it works both your upper and lower abs. LOL Now that I know about them I think I should start doing them...

It is hard to catch up on blogs. I find it almost impossible to keep up. A full run through all my favourites takes about 2 hours. So now I try to do it about 3 times per week. One day I will learn how to use bloglines to get alerts as soon as someone updates. That way there is no backtracing through the posts.

I am still loving TBL. I liked tonights training session as I got to see a lot of the exercises that Bob was making the Blue team do. I am going to try the holding push up - that looked really hard.

Well done on your loss Lesley. That is fantastic. Checking out cute golfers behinds must be very good for the kilos LOL. And thanks for the definition of CFM's. You know mine aren't really THAT high don't you LOL.

Have a wonderful day - sorry for the long comment :D

 
At 9:32 am, Blogger Anne said...

Great photo - you are going well!!

I try really hard to limit my time spent on reading and writing blogs, too time consuming, but amazing support out there.

 
At 11:21 am, Blogger Sue said...

Yes, you definitely are slim!

 
At 5:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you look brilliant

 

Post a Comment

<< Home