Back On Track

This is my blog to help me get back on track and finally learn to stay there by following a healthy lifestyle.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

It’s been a while, I had been blogging most weekends but we went away for the long weekend and this past weekend was full of family drama so no time for the computer. I’ve finished my ‘jobs’ for tonight, my pedometer says 12,121 so I think I can finally fit in a couple of hours to do an update and catch up with some of you.
On the long weekend DH and I flew to Port Lincoln on the Eyre Peninsula (still in SA but a long way) to visit good friends of ours that are currently working over there. It was lovely to catch up with them and enjoy a kid free weekend. We were a bit unlucky with the weather as although Saturday was beautiful it poured all day Sunday and we couldn’t get out of the house. I was mortified that I only clocked up 2000 steps for the whole day!! Monday was fine although lot cooler. Our friends took us to some great deserted beaches where we were able to do some snorkelling which I really loved. At one small reef very close to their house we had bread in our fists and the fish were all around us – really awesome. Now for the best bit!!! They had a spare wetsuit which they use for their grandson that they told me to put on. It was too small but with much cajoling I got it done up and it sure did pull everything in very nicely. DH wasn’t impressed that I totally lost my boobs though!! LOL I knew I had a picture at home from my last venture in a wet suit last January at Sea World. At the time I had lost a few kilo’s and thought I looked OK but when I compared the 2 pics the difference was quite noticeable. I have done a poster for my fridge headed up “What a Difference a Year Makes” and both pictures on there. When my Mum saw it yesterday I think she was a little surprised that I was “showing off” again. That’s why I really love blogs; you guys understand how important it is to always be proud and aware of what we have achieved. That’s not to say Mum is not proud of me, she is but I know that know she thinks the jobs done and I don’t have to keep on about it. I know I do and that weekend really highlighted it for me. Staying with someone else for 3 days, I did certainly relax and ate and drank more than normal but I certainly didn’t go crazy and with the exception of the wet Sunday I did a lot of exercise. I felt like I had been in control and after all I had only eaten what my friends had eaten too. Tuesday morning brought a shock when I weighed in 1.5 kilo’s heavier than before I went. What the!!!!
I was very very good last week to get back down again but then I totally blew it on Sunday when I had a major stress with my DS1. Lot’s of wine and handful after handful of nibbles. I knew I was doing it but just couldn’t stop. That hasn’t happened to me for a long time and I think it probably highlighted that I only really got “Back On Track” last year when DS1 had moved out of home and a lot of stresses were removed. Well he’s back for while now so I have to learn to manage things better and not let the stress give me the excuse to lose control.
I love being slimmer and healthier again. I like feeling like I am in control of my body and I know that if I am healthier and happier I will deal with DS1 and the rest of my family better. I’ve kept to one glass of wine and no unplanned nibbles for the last 2 days so I’m doing OK.
I’ll leave you now with my skite piccies – thanks for indulging me :-)



PS. No news on the concert yet but at least I haven't heard that it's someone else at Adelaide Oval on the 9th December!

11 Comments:

At 8:58 pm, Blogger Briony said...

The one thing I see repeated over and over again in everyone's blogs is that we are all still human and we all still have blowouts, but the really successful people reign themselves in straight away (ok maybe the next day or so) and get back on track and also exercise more to make up for it. It's a real change to your mental attitude towards everything. I hope one day that I can be half as good as you have been. Can't wait to see the wetsuit piccies!
Bri

 
At 8:18 am, Blogger Anne said...

It's not showing off - just reminding yourself how far you've come - I think that's important!!

 
At 3:53 pm, Blogger Julie's Journey said...

Wow what a difference a year makes. You look great! My Mum constantly tells me I look gaunt, or scraggy is one of her loving phrases and she used to tell my sister she was anoerexic. As for sons, I know what you are going through. Mine is getting under my skin at the moment but it will pass. You have done so well - keep on trucking or should that be tracking!
:o)

 
At 4:48 pm, Blogger michelle said...

No way are those pictures skite pics. They are incredible and you look amazing. Funny when we went skiing 2 weeks ago I fitted into a smaller suit but nothing like that. When I get to look like that I will certainly be proud of the piccies. Sorry about the stress with DS. I understand so well. As Kellees mum said to me during the week; "You are only as happy as your saddest child." Hope things improve.

 
At 8:28 am, Blogger Briony said...

LOVE the pics, you look fabulous - skite all you want - I would if I looked half as good as you do!
Well done Lesley!
Bri

 
At 5:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you look incredible. You should feel so proud.

 
At 8:09 am, Blogger Lee-Anne said...

If those were my pics, there's no way you'd be able to shut me up. You skite all you want.

I know my boy drove me to drink last year, it's tough being a mum to teenagers sometimes. Hang in there, you'll find a way to deal with it.

 
At 9:43 pm, Blogger Margaret said...

WOW. What great photos. And I so agree with you re the support and the understanding that it is not showing off. It is a reminder of where we were, how far we have come, and why we don't ever want to go back again. I think having something up with the title "what a difference a year makes" is brilliant. If you don't mind I think I will do one for myself as I am about to hit that mark.

Your post reminded me of a fantastic holiday I had with DH's family in 1989 when we went to Coffin Bay and stayed there for a week. Imagine my surprise when there were no coffins LOL. Plenty of fish and sun and great camp fires though. Just lovely.

Hope you have a great weekend :D

 
At 9:30 am, Blogger Zanna said...

Noticed your comment on Suzy's blog so thought I'd pay a visit.
Your pics are just fantastic - you can shout from the rooftops if you want. Hope things settle down with your son, but you certainly sound like you've got a really good awareness of yourself and your health.

 
At 2:36 pm, Blogger Margaret said...

Hi Lesley. Hope the Adelaide weather gives you some sunshine this weekend. I have just signed up for the Easter Egg hunt on WWA and it is the first time in weeks I have worn my pedometre. I am happy to say it has motivated me to do more walking.

Hope things are well with you.
Cheers
M xx

 
At 8:18 pm, Blogger CaramelKitKat said...

You. Look. Incredible! You "show off" as much as you like, bugger what other people think or want to call it, you deserve this time and have worked hard for it. All kudos to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home